2010년 3월 21일 일요일

Swales reading

While reading, I’ve realized again how hard it is to write academically. What I learned in college is just basic things and actually, I haven’t had much knowledge of what kind of writing is academic and what is not. So this article is so helpful for me to go one step forward to approach to academic writing. All six considerations mentioned are important factors and all should work like an organism. Especially, those three parts-‘organization,’, ’style’, and ‘flow’-provide specific and practical ways. Also those are the parts that I should more practice. Though this is very beginning, I’ll try to study based on what ‘academic writing’ demands and develop writing skills.

댓글 2개:

  1. thanks Mihyun,

    Learning what you need to focus on writing a script important, so you're well on your way to making good progress and your writing! :-)

    Eric

    답글삭제
  2. Telling the difference between normal writing and academic writin is a good start for all of us as a potential MA theses writer. ^^

    답글삭제